Last updated May 25, 2011
MyLifeLine Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, based in Colorado, dedicated to easing the lives of cancer patients -- from diagnosis, through the healing process. We are globally committed to spreading hope and dignity to those affected by cancer. The services offered by MyLifeLine.org ("MyLifeLine.org" or "we") include the MyLifeLine.org website (the "MyLifeLine Website"), the MyLifeLine.org Internet messaging service, the MyLifeLine Giving Angels page, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by MyLifeLine.org in connection with the MyLifeLine Website (collectively, the "MyLifeLine Services"). The MyLifeLine Services are hosted in the U.S.
MyLifeLine.org may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by MyLifeLine.org on the MyLifeLine Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the MyLifeLine Services after any such modification is posted.
Please choose carefully the information you post on MyLifeLine.org and that you provide to other Users. Your MyLifeLine.org profile may not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other MyLifeLine.org Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and MyLifeLine.org assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the MyLifeLine Services by any person, please contact MyLifeLine.
MyLifeLine.org reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the MyLifeLine Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
Please contact MyLifeLine with any questions regarding this Agreement. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
- Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the MyLifeLine Services is void where prohibited. By using the MyLifeLine Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the MyLifeLine Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.
- Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the MyLifeLine Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Profile page.
- Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you may change your password through the Profile page. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
- Non-commercial Use by Members. The MyLifeLine Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any illegal commercial endeavors. MyLifeLine has the right to take legal action against any illegal or unauthorized use of the MyLifeLine services.
- Proprietary Rights to Content on MyLifeLine.org.
- MyLifeLine.org does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the MyLifeLine Services. After posting your Content to the MyLifeLine Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the MyLifeLine Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the MyLifeLine Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the MyLifeLine Services.
- The MyLifeLine Services contain Content of MyLifeLine.org ("MyLifeLine.org Content"). MyLifeLine.org Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and MyLifeLine.org owns and retains all rights in the MyLifeLine.org Content and the MyLifeLine Services. MyLifeLine.org hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the MyLifeLine.org Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the MyLifeLine Website and using the MyLifeLine Services.
- The MyLifeLine Services contain Content of Users and other MyLifeLine.org licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the MyLifeLine Services.
- Content Posted.
- MyLifeLine.org may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of MyLifeLine.org violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. MyLifeLine.org assumes no responsibility for monitoring the MyLifeLine Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time MyLifeLine.org chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the MyLifeLine Services, MyLifeLine.org nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the MyLifeLine Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. MyLifeLine.org does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by MyLifeLine.org prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of MyLifeLine.org. MyLifeLine.org makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
- Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the MyLifeLine Services. MyLifeLine.org reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in MyLifeLine.org's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the MyLifeLine Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of MyLifeLine.org:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the MyLifeLine Website and through your use of the MyLifeLine Services. MyLifeLine.org reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in MyLifeLine.org's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the MyLifeLine Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the MyLifeLine Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, MyLifeLine.org reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which MyLifeLine.org deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the MyLifeLine Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to MyLifeLine.org, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay MyLifeLine.org $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the MyLifeLine Services;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any MyLifeLine.org page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the MyLifeLine Services or the networks or services connected to the MyLifeLine Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the MyLifeLine Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the MyLifeLine Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your "Top 8" friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
- using the MyLifeLine Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of MyLifeLine.org to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to MyLifeLine.org by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
- Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other MyLifeLine.org Members. MyLifeLine.org reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
- Disclaimers. MyLifeLine.org is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the MyLifeLine Website or in connection with the MyLifeLine Services, whether caused by Users of the MyLifeLine Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the MyLifeLine Services. MyLifeLine receives no compensation for providing the MyLifeLine Services, is not responsible for the collection or handling of any funds solicited by Members through the Services offered under the Giving Angels program, and neither MyLifeLine.org or any of its officers, directors or employees shall have any liability with regard to the solicitation of such funds. Profiles created and posted by Members on the MyLifeLine Website may contain links to other websites. MyLifeLine.org is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by MyLifeLine.org. Inclusion of any linked website on the MyLifeLine Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by MyLifeLine.org. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. MyLifeLine.org takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this MyLifeLine Website or through the MyLifeLine Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. MyLifeLine.org is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the MyLifeLine Services. MyLifeLine.org assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. MyLifeLine.org is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the MyLifeLine Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the MyLifeLine Services. Under no circumstances shall MyLifeLine.org be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the MyLifeLine Services, attendance at a MyLifeLine.org event, from any Content posted on or through the MyLifeLine Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the MyLifeLine Services, whether online or offline. The MyLifeLine Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and MyLifeLine.org expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. MyLifeLine.org cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the MyLifeLine Services.The information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only and does not render medical or professional advice. The information on this web site should not be used for diagnosing or treating any medical condition. You are strongly advised to seek professional care from a licensed health care provider. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional medical advice because of anything you may have read on this web site. No warranty is made about the accuracy of the information provided on this web site.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL MYLIFELINE.ORG BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF MYLIFELINE.ORG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, MYLIFELINE.ORG'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO MYLIFELINE.ORG FOR THE MYLIFELINE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- U.S. Export Controls. Software available in connection with the MyLifeLine Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the MyLifeLine Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the MyLifeLine Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, USA.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold MyLifeLine.org, its respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the MyLifeLine Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the MyLifeLine Website or through the MyLifeLine Services causes MyLifeLine.org to be liable to another.
- Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the MyLifeLine Website or any of the MyLifeLine Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and MyLifeLine.org regarding the use of the MyLifeLine Services. The failure of MyLifeLine.org to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. MyLifeLine.org is a trademark of MyLifeLine, Inc. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.